The Chair provides leadership for the committee. Their main aim is to bring the school community together to raise money for the school. Whilst doing this they maintain strong relationships with the headteachers and staff and ensure that everyone knows what the PSA is up to, how to get involved and most importantly that everyone has fun!
Key qualities for this post are strong leadership, confident public speaking, strong organisational skills and lots of enthusiasm, determination and energy!
They are responsible for chairing the PSA meetings, managing the class reps, communicating with the headteachers and staff, coordinating the calendar of events and dealing with funding requests.
The Chair will work closely with the Deputy Chair, Treasurer and Secretary to ensure that the PSA is run effectively. The Chair is also a Trustee of the PSA charity.
- Provide leadership to the committee.
- Chair the PSA and committee meetings, ensuring the meetings are run in an efficient and timely manner and making sure everyone feels able to contribute.
- Sign the approved minutes of previous meetings.
- Welcome and involve new members.
- Write the annual report in cooperation with the Secretary.
- Liaise with headteachers to gather funding requests.
- Arrange approval of funding requests by the PSA.
- Liaise with headteachers and caretakers to set the calendar of events for the following school year, including PSA meetings. This should be agreed by the start of September.
- Manage class reps – including welcoming new reps at the beginning of the year, sending relevant communications throughout the year and thanking them at the end of the year.
- Responsible for the PSA bank account and a credit card holder.
- Co-ordinate the events throughout the year with the following support
- Cake and Book Sales – Reception & Year 6
- Infant Disco – Year 1
- Car Boot – Year 2
- Junior Disco – Year 3
- Festive Market – Year 5
- Quiz Night – Volunteer Group
- Auction – Volunteer Group
- Cinema Event – Volunteer Group
- Summer Fair – Volunteer Group
- International Evening – Committee
If you have any questions or you’re interested in taking on the role of Chair, please contact email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.