The Secretary ensures that the PSA runs smoothly! The Secretary is a key committee member as they are responsible for ensuring effective communication links between committee members, the wider PSA and the school. This requires good organisational and communication skills and being able to stick to deadlines.
The Secretary deals with the correspondence that the PSA receives and helps the Chair ensure that committee meetings run smoothly. Building up a good relationship with the school secretaries will help make sure that correspondence between the PSA, committee, parents/carers and the school is sent promptly.
As well as dealing with correspondence, the Secretary will need to make bookings and other arrangements for events.
- Deal with correspondence between the school, parents/carers, committee members and external companies and organisations.
- Book PSA and committee meetings.
- Prepare and distribute agendas of meetings.
- Advertise meetings through text, posters, reps and classlist. Let Social Media manager know dates for Instagram and Facebook.
- Attend meetings and take the minutes of meetings.
- Once meeting minutes are approved, distribute them (email and online) and save copies.
- Ensure that enough committee members are present to make the meeting quorate.
- Write the annual report with the Chair.
- Prepare and distribute newsletters and other communications to parents.
- Support event organisers with the preparation of publicity flyers, posters, tickets, etc. for events.
- Ensure relevant alcohol licences are applied for for all relevant events.
- Maintain an annual gambling licence.
- Advise event organisers about risk assessment for the school for events as required.
- Maintain the Paretkind account (event insurance, event tips etc.).
- Help maintain the PSA website with support of Chairs.
If you have any questions or you’re interested in taking on the role of Secretary, please contact email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you. This post is currently vacant and so it would be great to get someone to join the team ASAP!