A key role for all committee members is to manage and control the funds the PSA raises. Although all the committee members have equal responsibility for the control and management of PSA funds the Treasurer plays an important part in helping the committee carry out these duties properly. They are responsible for maintaining up-to-date records of all PSA financial transactions.
An accountancy background is preferable for this post, as well as good attention to detail and organisation skills. In the past few years we have had two treasurers that have split the duties between them.
- Day-to-day management of accounts, including issuing bills and receipts on behalf of the PSA and making payments.
- To prepare and update financial ledgers on a regular basis.
- To complete banking transactions on a regular basis.
- To organise floats for fundraising events, collect and reconcile monies raised at these events and report totals raised to the appropriate stakeholders.
- To prepare and report financial statements at PSA Meetings.
- To prepare a concise Financial Report for the Annual General Meeting.
- Manage charity registration.
- Manage the submission of Gift Aid claims and maintain full records.
- Manage online donations.
If you have any questions or you’re interested in taking on the role of Treasurer, please contact email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.